Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Field Trip: Walsh Metalworks



I like metal. I mean, I really like metal. Last week Sullivan Walsh kindly opened the huge steel doors of Walsh Metalworks and allowed me to poke around his workshop.



Walsh Metalworks specializes in the custom made furniture, ornaments, and accessories and it's all handcrafted in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The piece that initially got me curious was the bondage bed. It blurs the line between "sex life" and regular life and I'm a big fan of sex toys you don't have to hide when the parents come to visit. It's lovely in and of itself and still utilitarian in the best possible way. It's a bed with a wink and a nod.

I'd like to see what he could do with a desk chair.



Collar and wrist cuffs



Historic reproductions of a slave collar and mask.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just love that photo of you!

as a side note, I'd like to point out that the captcha is: comiewar. Ha.