Sunday, November 4, 2007

In the begining...

This all started with a conversation I had with a friend about tying people up: the craft and artistry of rope bondage and the sensuous nature of the process. He talked about it like a designer, like an artist. That grew into a conversation about the aesthetics of BDSM in design and art. He suggested I start a Live Journal community, so I did. But I wasn't happy with it. It wasn't a blog so much as it was a collection, it was more like a museum.

So, that's what I've decided to make: a gallery and archive of art, design, fashion, literature, film, music, even advertising and television through the filter of kink and BDSM. Much of the content will not traditionally be considered erotic or kinky. Sure there’s “The Story of O”, but what about “The Story of the Eye?” I love "Secretary", but what about "My Fair Lady"?

This blog is a place for me to add commentary to entries, announce events and generate discourse. Suggestions for entries are very much welcome.

Enjoy!

No comments: